Saturday, January 9, 2010

9/365


***LIFE IS FULL OF CHOICES*** If you read this then you will get what my picture is screaming out to you......"Choosing to live your life by your own choice is the greatest freedom you will ever have.”



If you’re placed second in a contest, will you jump for joy and push for better results the next time or will you be discouraged and find an excuse not to enter again? Is the glass of water half empty or half full?

Life is full of choices. You may opt to have a pessimist’s view and live a self-defeated life or you may decide to take the optimist’s route and live a challenging and fulfilling life

We all face the same hard knocks of this world, but optimists tend to focus on and plan for the ‘problem’ at hand. They reinterpret a negative experience in a way that helps them learn and grow. Such people are untroubled by a bad situation; they look upon it as a challenge, and work out a solution and try harder.

They won’t say, “Things will never get better,” “If I failed once, it will happen again” and “If I experience misfortune in one part of my life, then it will happen in my whole life.”

Instead they say, “Things will only get better,” “I will learn from my mistake” and “I will go on to great success in my life.”

Optimists are proactive and less dependent on others for their happiness. They usually draw people towards them. Their optimistic view of the world can be contagious and influence those they are with.

When the going gets tough, optimists get tougher. They persevere. They just don’t give up easily, and inch their way a step closer to that goal or elusive dream.

Look forward to success in all your endeavors. Like everybody else you are bound to hit lows sometimes but don’t just stay there. Carry yourself out of the gloom and improve your chances of getting back on the right track.

And why not inspire others to remove their dark-colored glasses and see life on the bright side? Talk good health, happiness and success to every person you meet. Give everyone a smile, make people feel they are special, and be as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

Look at the sunny side of everything. Think only of the best, and expect only the best. Make the right choices and think positively towards a more fulfilling life. After all, life is full of exciting choices.

8 comments:

tracysphotos said...

I really enjoyed this post! Thanks Rach. The photo is great. Love the colors and the caption is wonderful.

365 by K.O.S. Photography said...

I love it ! One of my fav quotes by Rev Run is just like this on my facebook! Very true writing girl, ad you said you weren't a writer! Love the photo too! My dad used to take me to that store when I was a kid to get candy and he would get peanuts!

Unknown said...

So true! I preach this same thing to my kids often. You get to choose your own responses...make sure the choice is worth it. Great photo for the point.

Sandra said...

Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder girl! You are a colorful person. Love the picture too.

Mel said...

awesome post, but oh my..the candy..choices..I NEED to get myself into town to get some more secret mommy candy stash lol, sorry I get side tracked easily these days ;)

Unknown said...

Rachel...wow! I LOVE this post. Not only are you an amazing photographer, your words are inspiring, as well. Can't wait to see what tomorrow's post brings! Keep on snappin' those pics!

Jennifer said...

8-}

CapturedMomentsbyRACHEL said...

thanks amanda its people like you that make my life as a photographer keep striving on what i love to do!!!! thanks for the wonderful feedback!!! xoxo